Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Family Diminished in the Eyes of Society

It really struck me when we learned in class all of the ways that family affects the world. There are so many problems because of the way the world views family. It seems really obvious but I'd never really realized that women not having very many children has a devastating effect on society. When there aren't as many children, then the replacement population isn't enough. Then when all of the people who are in the work force now get older, there won't be enough new people in the work force to provide for them. It stikes me as odd that the whole world is getting more and more self-absorbed, but there are people who think that people who have children are selfish. I've heard and been told that people who have more than two children are taking up resources in the world. I feel like that just shows how mixed up people's priorities are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment