Friday, December 9, 2011

Aging Couples

In class, we were asked if we had seen any couples who were still in love when they were old. I immediately thought of my grandparents. They treated each other like they were the most important thing, because they were. There was always a joke about why they were like that. When they got married, they both lived in the same town in Nebraska. They went on their honeymoon to southern California, and they never left. So, the joke was that they lived their entire lives on their honeymoon. I remember them holding hands all of the time and they still called each other by their endearments. My grandpa called my grandma Sweet Darling, and my grandma called my grandpa Dolly. They were the sweetest old couple. When they died, my grandma died first and they never told my grandpa. He died four days after she did. We had a double funeral and it was such an awesome experience. It was sad, but it was a miracle as well. I want my marriage to be like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment